tiaburn

Hungry For Words

Blood In, Blood Out (Vampire)
Lucien Soulban
Progress: 98/277 pages
Bridget Jones's Diary
Helen Fielding
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Oscar Wilde, Jeffrey Eugenides
Haunting Violet
Alyxandra Harvey

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)

The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins I haven't really read the book, but listened to an audiobook (read by Caroline McCormick, available via Audible). I enjoyed audio version. Narration is really cool, with all normal (not over amplified) emotions and without any specific sound effects, so this make me think, that it was a story behind that make me laugh or smile, or even sob a little. Do not expect lot of super philosophy from that book, since this is an adult novel. Yes, the hero is cute and cool, she is really driven by her thoughts of better future, but this book wont show you anything you haven't know before. There is not much intrigue in a plot, but there are lots of small details, which make this story worth reading. If you've read "The running man" by Stephen King, you can easy understand what tempo and mood we are talking about. I don't think, I'll grab a second part right away, may be some time later, just to fill a gap in time between other books. So, even as a part of trilogy this book is acting really well.